Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dressing Up



I seriously could do an entire blog on the day to day outfits that Izzy decides she wants to wear. I told Chris yesterday that I don't even know why we bother buying her clothes. All she wants to wear these days are church dresses and princess dresses. This blue coat (princess dress to her) is a size 4 - a little too big still yet - but that's what she decided for yesterday's attire. It is like pulling teeth to even get her toTHINK about wearing pants.



















This was the outfit of choice from today. Her grandmother, Ging - as she calls her, helped out with this one. At least the tights match the shoes and the purse matches the hat - right??? ugh.





I have given up at this point.











I'm looking forward to when everything has to match. At least I'm hoping that day comes....
















We have really enjoyed playing together these few first weeks we've had together. Last week Izzy made up a song about how mommy stays home with her now. I love that she is as excited about it as I am.






Each day I try to incoorporate some kind of craft. It really encourages their hand eye coordination, gets their creativity flowing and just seems to provide a little moment of structure in a somewhat chaotic day.

I found this idea online the other day...










Sticking crayons through an egg carton and coloring on paper underneath it.












Very simple - but they really enjoyed it. Izzy was all about changing the the crayons out. And Braeden was typical boy - which worked out nicely for this activity. He kept grabbing the crayons while shaking and spinning them. I don't think he really knew he was doing the intention of the project, he was just "playing" with the crayons. But it looked great.






















Izzy's finished project.















And Braeden's CHEESE face!!



3 comments:

  1. I love her outfits, especially the blue dress with the red shoes. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see how she "Styles It" when school starts for her! Amy was the same way believe it or not, during the nickelodeon years. The crazy stuff that girl demanded on wearing to school! Who would think that now though as she is so conservative! I am so excited that Izzy likes her size 4 coat. I was wondering just last week if that thing was ever going to fit her or not. I guess it really doesnt matter, aye? teehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those two first pics of Izzy she is so adorable. Enjoy these dress up days while you can before you know it she'll be too big to do that with anymore...At least she is staying home most of the time now instead of going to the babysitters like a princess doll everyday :)

    ReplyDelete