Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Changes

Needless to say....I am exhausted!! It's been a very short month (to me) since I last blogged.

I have literally lost 5 pounds. I know some of you would say, "what 5 pounds did you have to lose?!" I really did have 5 pounds I needed to lose. But, I think mostly it's that we aren't eating out nearly as much as we did while I was working. AND- I am chasing two toddlers around all day. My back hurts, my knees hurt, I have no fingernails left (because I wash my hands at least 30 times a day, and do dishes 3 times a day) and when I crawl into bed at night it takes 2 seconds for me to be snoring and drooling.


Here's a short synopsis of the last month:


We celebrated Izzy's 3rd birthday at Bouncin Kids in Morganton. It was a blast.

We've gotten to do a lot of trips to the park in the last 2 weeks because the weather has been so warm. This week not so much, it seems winter has finally hit (mid February)...blah.


Chris and I have really caught the house renovation bug.

It started with Izzy's bedroom. We had wanted forever to paint her walls and just give her room an upgrade. So we did - we painted the all wooden furniture white, painted the light pink walls yellow, got new curtains and it now looks completely different.


We cleaned out our downstairs den - it is now functional as a playroom/living area - which we have wanted to do forever. You may have seen my many posts on Facebook of items for sale. This is part of the cleaning out/downsizing/decluttering our lives thing we're trying to do.


It's so neat the things you will find when you start cleaning. At the risk of being called a hoarder, I want you to know that I have saved all of my Barbie furniture, Barbies/Barbie outfits and Dance recital costumes from my childhood. I had high hopes that one day my little girl would want to play with these things. Part of me wished that she would, but partly thought, well she'll probably want her own, "new" things. BUT this week, after naptime I decided to bring up 3 of the Barbie dolls and all of the Barbie furniture to see what Izzy thought. I got so excited breaking it all out and setting it up. It was amazing the memories that each piece brought back. It didn't help that we had just watched Toy Story 3 for the first time last week. So with each piece I was silently apologizing to it, for it's many years being stoed away and unused.














I really don't know why I was worried about it. She loved them. Of course she loved them - she's my child - she loves Barbies, baby dolls and dressing up. (For now, that is - hopefully for a while, but we'll see).


Yes, I caught you Braeden. He loved it just as much as Izzy did. I think they ended up playing with these for close to an hour. Which anything longer than 10 minutes in this household is a pretty big deal.


So maybe next week we'll break out the rest of the barbies or even the dance costumes.

























































































No comments:

Post a Comment