Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, February 23, 2012

You'll Always Be My Baby

AAAAGGGHHH. This has been one very stressful week. Braeden has totally and completely messed up his sleeping schedule. He is ok sleeping though the night, but he has decided that naps during the day are no longer necessary.
I've had them both on an amazing schedule for the past 3 weeks or so, where they will both take a nap at the same time and nap for a good hour or two.
This week - all of that has been tossed out the window. For some reason Braeden just refuses. I'm not sure what's going on. Is it the week of the full moon? We discussed that in Sunday School this week. Many people think that the full moon really does play into how children act and whether they sleep well.
I don't know what it is at this point - but it needs to get fixed fast. Mommy needs a break! :)

At nighttime, when getting Braeden to sleep I will always hold him and sing him songs until he falls asleep. Well, this week also has been different during this routine. He wants to crawl out of my arms and then fall asleep on the floor. I imagine that this probably means that it is time to graduate to the toddler bed with him. BUT this really big step means that Mommy won't have any babies anymore. And that in itself makes me ball my eyes out.
Yes, I know. I am SOO happy and blessed that they are healthy and growing into beautiful children. But how do you deal with knowing that you can't hold them, rock them and cuddle them for the rest of their lives, like you've been able to do for these few precious months?
I think the saying that your mom always said when you were growing up comes into play here, "I don't care how big you get, you'll always be my baby." You really don't understand it until you have your own babies. And I just have to remember to thank God everyday for each moment I have with them.
After getting Braeden to sleep tonight, Izzy pulled me into her room to show me this new thing she could do. Chris would start reading a page of her book and then she would finish "reading" it. He apparently has read some of the books so many times that she has started memorizing them! I think this is probably the first stage of reading for her, but it's so neat to see how much she has learned in just 3 years. AND the WORDS that she knows...my goodness. The girl amazes me every day.

2 comments:

  1. Thats the stuff I miss the most too. Of course I finally learned I had to quit having more babies to compensate the loss teehee. But yes, every moment has precious joys to hold forever. And then one day they grow so much they give you a second opportunity again with their own mini me's that you get to hold and rock and share the great love of Jesus with all over again :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can hold me baby. That was a very sweet and honest post. Stay strong, which I know is easier said than fine. I love you sweetness!

    ReplyDelete